Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Vilamoura in June

I love it when "my compass" never fails and manages to take me to mystic places. I was feeling a little bit low in Vilamoura after seeing some English guys screaming in the street, after looking at some English men whose only wish was to watch a football match and drink loads of beer. I was almost crying with sadness thinking about what and how Vilamoura is today and trying to imagine how it was 50 years ago. I still haven’t searched the Internet to find the answer but I found the “other side” of Vilamoura by myself. It was evening, the Sun was saying goodbye to a whimsical day, with loads of rain and only a few rays of Sun. I started to stroll all by myself in search of something nice.





I passed the “marina”, looked at all those fancy luxurious yachts, took some nice pictures and got to some kind of a barrier. I didn’t know what to do. Cross it or not. So I waited there for a few minutes, looking and wondering what was on the other side. The place was almost deserted so I didn’t really have the courage to cross it. I have this fear that some kind of huge dog will chase me, I will run and run and run and then he will bite me. So I gave up but was still longing to cross the barrier. I returned determined that... well, that’s it, what if it is a private property. Then I saw a couple approaching. A couple in their 50s, still very in love as one could tell and as I saw them kissing further. I followed their steps and crossed the barrier. There was no manace on the other side, just beauty.








A tiny harbour, a huge wall with “Marina Vilamoura” on it, a wooden bridge and ..... total bliss....a huge beach bathed in the wonderful gold light of my lovely Sun. I couldn’t believe my eyes. I was in exctasy. I was taking pictures and talking by myself wondering if all those English tourists knew the place-maybe they did but for a moment I thought it was all mine. And I guess it was. I walked and walked following a “wooden lane” and then the magic was over for a second-I realized that I was actually very alone there and was traped by the magic and beauty of the moment.....thinking....goodness gracious....I am a dreamer chasing the sunset. The magic was back again after just a few minutes. The place was too beautiful for me. I thanked the evening for offering me such light and went back to Vilamoura. On my way to the hotel I stopped to take pictures in a very tiny park. There were some Englishmen passing by-not interesting-a crazy woman taking pictures of some flowers in the most "trivial" park.



No comments: