Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tavira & Isla Tavira


Tavira









Isla Tavira
is almost at the border with Spain. I have no idea why I always have these crazy ideas to search for the borders, go as further as I can, run away from the place I'm in, get far, far and away. My dream was to see Vila Real de Santo António - of course at the border with Spain. I wanted to trick the driver and take him there but this time it didn't work. I like doing this. Tricking people to take them to amazingly beautiful places that will take their breath away. But maybe only my breath is taken away by such beauty.


We stopped wanting to visit Parque Natural da Ria Formosa-it was too late and imagine this-it was Friday and they were supposed to open again only on Monday-strange world. Isla Tavira was not at all in my plan but "chance" took us there. I saw boats, I knew I had to hop in one of them. I missed one, didn't know where to take tickets from and in the end managed to bargain a ride with a "taxi boat" driver to Isla Tavira-it was cheap and nice. Pretty adventurous. I was wearing high hills but managed to get out and in of the boats. Got there. Had to use all my negotiation skills to convince the persons that were with me that we will manage to get back somehow and we will not end up sleeping there.






I made it. We "visited" the island. Lovely as all remote places, all the restaurants had the same menu and the same prices, the wind was blowing like crazy and the sand was still wet from the rain that didn't know it had to stop pouring in June. We managed to get back in time, enjoyed the ride and the water.






No comments: