Friday, October 31, 2008

Constância and Almourol



Constância was chosen for its crazy reputation. They say that the famous poet Camões misbehaved with a lady from the court and he was sent away from her to Constância.




We looked for the Camões house for minutes and minutes and finally found it - closed, but with a statue in front of it - a couple making love - Camões making love :-) pretty cool. You don't get to see Camões making love every day. I ended up in his lap (another sculpture), then noticed the sexual education people of Constância get to get there. Imagine this. On the agenda of events you get to see-one day the "great" movie "Sex and the City", then at the Alexandre O'Neill library different (many!!) workshops or movies on how to seduce your partner, how to be a good lover - I guess this dates back from Camões' time. Voila. This is what I would call "remembering the ancestors". :-)





and Castelo de Almourol.....

I have been dreaming about this little castle - Castelo de Almourol - for months - "oh, when am I going to see the castle? when am I going to see the castle?" and here we are, on our way to the castle. On the left side military tanks, on the right side of the road military training camps. I wanted to take pictures of some storks but then realised that I am taking pictures of a military base!! so I'd better stop :-) Finally at our destination. Lovely castle, awful military tanks in front of it. Had coffee on a nice terrace and listened for minutes how a girl, who wanted to become a poet (or actress?) I guess, was reciting Baudelaire poems in French to her lover. It was fascinating, a little bit too pretencious though.



No comments: